A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Yes, we do eat them. Most people only want the young of the year. I have a method to cook the "bombers" that gets rid of the overwhelming sage taste.

The Magical, perfect creature was done at the request of @CSAchook after I got a Phoenix as the result of a What animal are you quiz.

I did not have a problem with the change since I can view the elk in the avatar as a magical, perfect creature.

How cool! Love the sounds they make. They are stunning birds. Do people eat them?

R2elk...what's with the "Magical, Perfect Creature "? I could describe Daisy like that!!
Sage grouse are edible, but I don't think you are allowed to hunt them anymore because they have been discussing putting them on the endangered species list. We cross our fingers that they won't, it makes headaches for landowners, but we don't hunt them currently because of numbers. I think ruffed grouse are huntable here, and blue grouse.
If my family didn't practice proper conservation practices, grandma Bartlett would rise from the grave and slap us all! Dang she was the toughest cowgirl you ever met.

Sage grouse are edible, but I don't think you are allowed to hunt them anymore because they have been discussing putting them on the endangered species list. We cross our fingers that they won't, it makes headaches for landowners, but we don't hunt them currently because of numbers. I think ruffed grouse are huntable here, and blue grouse.
If my family didn't practice proper conservation practices, grandma Bartlett would rise from the grave and slap us all! Dang she was the toughest cowgirl you ever met.
We still have sage grouse hunting seasons here. The oil fields have been the biggest harmful problem for sage grouse as the employees too often take advantage of opportunities to illegally harvest them out of season and the destruction of the habitat.

At least the G&F was smart enough to prohibit the development of any wind farms in sage grouse territory.

We still have sage grouse hunting seasons here. The oil fields have been the biggest harmful problem for sage grouse as the employees too often take advantage of opportunities to illegally harvest them out of season and the destruction of the habitat.

At least the G&F was smart enough to prohibit the development of any wind farms in sage grouse territory.
Wind farms... :rant:mad::rant

Back
Top Bottom