A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Yes your BB is starting to develop perosis. You already figured out the cause. You can help by adding vitamin B complex at the ratio of 1/2 of a tablet or capsule dissolved in one gallon of water. Make it the only source of water and give it to all of the poults. It should be made fresh daily.
Ok. I can do that. The vitamin B, does it matter the strength or type?

Ok. I can do that. The vitamin B, does it matter the strength or type?
Vitamin B complex (it contains all the B vitamins). It is sold as either Vitamin B Complex or Super Vitamin B Complex. The bottle that I have and bottles that I have googled do not typically give a specific "strength". they do list the different values for the components such as Thiamine 100mg, Niacin 25mg, etc.

Perosis is often caused by a Niacin and Thiamine deficiency.

Last edited:
Vitamin B complex (it contains all the B vitamins). It is sold as either Vitamin B Complex or Super Vitamin B Complex. The bottle that I have and bottles that I have googled do not typically give a specific "strength". they do list the different values for the components such as Thiamine 100mg, Niacin 25mg, etc.

Perosis is often caused by a Niacin and thiamine deficiency.
Perfect! I’ll start it this morning!

If a person has big ant hills, they have great chick sized grit.
We were talking about the anthills yesterday (DH and I). We saw a mound up against a birch clump on a hillside and he asked if that might be an anthill. I said it looked more like (placer) mine tailings. (I was right.)

We used to have huge anthills all through the forest, but I haven't seen any in years. Isn't that strange? I wonder why? The Forest (dis)Service sent out idiots to spray Tansy a few years ago (they clearly had NO clue what Tansy even looked like). It's usually a lot harder than spraying Sevin around randomly, to get rid of anthills, though. 🤷‍♀️ Besides, it seems to me the ants were gone long before that.

I don't think the mine tailings would make good chick grit. They're reputedly full of lead. Doesn't seem like that would be a good thing...

Anyone watch the space launch? Pretty amazing. I'd love to see one live...

Yep, we watched it! Of course, we're a family of nerds so this stuff is always interesting to us lol. We also checked up on voyagers 1& 2 after and tried to figure out where "Starman" is in his tesla right now lol

Back
Top Bottom