A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

You do the best that you can and that is all that anyone can ask of you.
All I can do is laugh, feed, fill waterers and laugh. I went from a total of 32 birds (forgot my 2 ducks and 2 tiny quail :O ) to 87 birds within 3 weeks.

I am NOT complaining. I now have a brooder room on my back porch with a door that goes inside my home and another door in the room that goes outside. And a condo brooder with 4 brooder areas. Also holds my dog crate and two more brooders. That's a win-win for me. Plus 4 new REAL gates. Hopefully, before winter, another 50 x 30 run, 2 more pens and 2 shelters, and my chicken barn redone - and all under net. Also, I heard maybe a turkey tractor and a chicken tractor. lol.

I could never do all that on my own - and I certainly appreciate the time and money they have put into my "hobby" - yet it's still a bit overwhelming.

I have several unauthorized incubators right now.... hardly anyone is still laying in the turkey pen but someone was/is because Baby and Duchess (think). Have gathered them up down under the roost. There's also a silkie feathered lavender ameraucana parked on quite the pile of green/ blue eggs just around the garage in a pile of leaves. She's had a rough week. It's been nothing but down pours all week. My broodies never have much luck so we'll see if anything becomes of either of these nests. I told them I was done hatching for the year. I guess they decided to take matters in to their own wings.

In other news... Miss Molly, the newer girl that I had to pick up from that domestic dispute issue a bit back, has decided that she is a genuine lapper. She comes running anytime she sees us. Even if we open the window...

20200828_185103.jpg
20200828_185107.jpg
20200820_192512.jpg

Last edited:
Geeze - as many times as I have been eyeball to eyeball, I think the eyes are blue, but won't swear to that!View attachment 2318209

I can doublecheck tomorrow, but this is one pic I found.
I went down and checked eyes. It appears Diamond's eyes are blue - but Opal's appear brown. Hmmmm. Both are out of the eggs I bought last year, so perhaps different parents.

Back
Top Bottom