A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

The poults aren't black so they did not get the black gene. They probably belong to the brown eyed one.
:O Opal (brown eyes) just set a clutch of eggs and hatched out 4 white poults. Diamond (blue eyes) laid a total of 14 eggs, of which I stole 10. Put those in the incubator and later disposed of several unfertile or/w blood rings. Hatched the larger of the 2 spotted poults. A few days later, she hatched out the smaller spotted poult.

I'm thinking those pics are not showing the true color - going to try again now without the spotlight bulb on them. - Edited to add - this is the larger poult.

larger_spotted_poult2.jpg

large_spotted_poult1.jpg

:O Opal (brown eyes) just set a clutch of eggs and hatched out 4 white poults. Diamond (blue eyes) laid a total of 14 eggs, of which I stole 10. Put those in the incubator and later disposed of several unfertile or/w blood rings. Hatched the larger of the 2 spotted poults. A few days later, she hatched out the smaller spotted poult.

I'm thinking those pics are not showing the true color - going to try again now without the spotlight bulb on them. - Edited to add - this is the larger poult.

View attachment 2319050

View attachment 2319053
Guaranteed that they do not have a black gene. The black gene would cause the kind of masks that Chocolates and Slates get.

That looks like a Red Bronze variant.

Guaranteed that they do not have a black gene. The black gene would cause the kind of masks that Chocolates and Slates get.

That looks like a Red Bronze variant.
Believe me, will be checking eyes again - if the sun ever shines. In the meantime, I am certainly taking your word for it. And no doubt I am not getting a correct eye color.

:he :he :he :he :he

I let her out this morning and she seemed better! Slept really nice, didn't make a noise at all last night. She just perched on the back of my computer chair lol. Still keeping an eye on her though.

Those babies are so cute! They definitely remind me of my Red Bronze when she was little. Super cute. Speaking of weird colored babies, I can't for the life of me figure out these guys.

View attachment 2318253
This is Ptarmigan! I thought at first she was out of my Red bourbon tom + lilac hen, but she's not turning out like a red blue bronze that I can tell (Unless she is actually a he, which is possible). Other possible parent is probably my Rusty Slate hen (who is red bourbon/self blue). Here's her baby pics.
View attachment 2318257

Then there's her sister, Dove, who I don't know what color she is. She's out of my Red Bourbon tom and either my Red Bronze hen (Who is red bourbon/black spanish), my Rusty Slate hen (who is red bourbon/self blue), my lilac hens (I don't think so, cause according to porter's the only possibility is red blue bronze), or my royal palm hen (also not likely). She almost looks like a red bourbon at this age, but her baby stage was a lot lighter then most red bourbons I've had. Unless I'm just super wrong. Which I could be.View attachment 2318258
Her now

View attachment 2318259
Baby image (She's the lighter one, the darker one is actually Ptarmigan!)
Your red one looks similar to a red palm I hatched last year, pretty color.

Back
Top Bottom