A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I just got done watering and doing my morning chores and seen something that I know is not a good thing. 😢 I have two chicken hens that fight every morning with out fell it seems but this morning was a bit different one of my young female turkeys jumped on one of the fighting hens and started to pull feathers. Of course I got right in there and made the turkey stop. Not sure if the fighting hens triggered something in the young female turkey this morning. I have 3 more female turkeys and they had no interest in the fighting chickens.🤔

So one of my two poults who almost died and survived sounds like he might have a small respiratory possibly? He's breathing fine and eating and drinking, but you can hear a faint clicking when he breathes like if you had a snot bubble stuck in your nose, lol. Anything I should give him and the others to be safe, or should I just wait it out?

I just got done watering and doing my morning chores and seen something that I know is not a good thing. 😢 I have two chicken hens that fight every morning with out fell it seems but this morning was a bit different one of my young female turkeys jumped on one of the fighting hens and started to pull feathers. Of course I got right in there and made the turkey stop. Not sure if the fighting hens triggered something in the young female turkey this morning. I have 3 more female turkeys and they had no interest in the fighting chickens.🤔
Was the turkey trying to break up the hen fight? my male turkeys break up rooster fights by beating up on whichever rooster is winning.

So, I have a poult who’s about a week old. It has randomly decided that it’s scared of its feat. Nothing is outwardly wrong with them, but he randomly looks down, and sees them and freaks out. Once he has tried running from them and realizes they aren’t leaving he’ll peck at them... has anyone else heard of this behavior? Any ideas of what to try? I did coat his legs with that purple wound care, since he was starting to pick his feet raw. It seemed to slightly help, but he’s still scared of them.
Thanks!

So, I have a poult who’s about a week old. It has randomly decided that it’s scared of its feat. Nothing is outwardly wrong with them, but he randomly looks down, and sees them and freaks out. Once he has tried running from them and realizes they aren’t leaving he’ll peck at them... has anyone else heard of this behavior? Any ideas of what to try? I did coat his legs with that purple wound care, since he was starting to pick his feet raw. It seemed to slightly help, but he’s still scared of them.
Thanks!
I'm sorry your having that problem but dang that's funny. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom