A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Yeah ill be sure to keep an eye out on the salts! I only plan on using it in 1 out of 3 water sources every other day or so. I used poultry cell liquid one day but it takes so much liquid in a 5 gallon bucket lol. Mine have plenty of shade cover from trees and a carport tent i set up winter. I still worry though haha. Humidity here is so nasty too, feels like im drowning.

Yeah ill be sure to keep an eye out on the salts! I only plan on using it in 1 out of 3 water sources every other day or so. I used poultry cell liquid one day but it takes so much liquid in a 5 gallon bucket lol. Mine have plenty of shade cover from trees and a carport tent i set up winter. I still worry though haha. Humidity here is so nasty too, feels like im drowning.
I found this just started using it only used it a few times but it doesn't have all the salts like most vitamins + electrolytes . Plus it only costs about $8.00 Dollars a pack that makes like 240 or 250 gallons. Just looked 256 gallons. Anybody have any input on this product would love to hear if you do.
IMG_0290.JPG

Last edited:
I provide shade for all of my poultry whether it be natural or man made. I have never lost a bird to heat stress.
we keep getting consecutive 100 degree days and a few spikes into 110 territory. It is really only the marans that are struggling but the others are definitely feeling the heat. I bet with the sprinklers up now it will vastly improve their issues. The marans are a dual purpose french farm chicken and they are winter hardy, but they seem to respond less well to the heat stress we have been having this year.

we keep getting consecutive 100 degree days and a few spikes into 110 territory. It is really only the marans that are struggling but the others are definitely feeling the heat. I bet with the sprinklers up now it will vastly improve their issues. The marans are a dual purpose french farm chicken and they are winter hardy, but they seem to respond less well to the heat stress we have been having this year.
Throw those temps and our humidity and it equals dead birds. I have lost a couple. But most had other problems also.

Not including the raccoons which made a dent also.

Some of the wild grapes are ripe here now so I gave some of my hens some this eve. They always go crazy over them. The ones they can reach are not ripe yet but it is always so funny watching them jump up trying to get the ones just out of reach. I have them growing on a lot of the fencing around pens. They also work good for shading and cover. But they can be a pain when they start climbing my roof netting.

Back
Top Bottom