A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Yes seen your pretty bearded girl in https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/lets-see-your-bearded-turkey-hens.1325640/ that R2elk just listed for me to check out. Yes I think they are all special as is your Red Bronze. You still have her? Has her beard grown longer in last year?

To bad you are so far away I have a few Jakes and hens of that variety from this years hatch I would give to you I know you have commented on them in the past. And they breed true as they have 2 red genes

I do still have her! I cant quite tell if it's grown much more honestly, I need to get another up close pic for comparison. Here she is recently, or, well semi-recently before all her tail feathers fell out.
20211001_200650.jpg
She likes to keep her naughty sister in place. Her sister Milk likes to try and challenge me, but Avocado does not like when Milk gets too big for her britches and will intervene and chase her around for awhile.

Also that is a bummer, I'd totally take a hen or even maybe a jake since my boy is getting older. You've done a great job getting some good looking birds there!

I was toying around on the calcuator with a Tiger Blue tom from Porters with my girls, heavily considered it because it's a beautiful color and I can get some pictureless colors for the added mystery. There are too many pretty turkey colors.

Ya my toms have been getting a little aggressive again since we have been having cooler weather they think its spring already or at least wishing it was. I believe I seen your bearded sweetgrass hen in molt and bearded slate hen towards end of your video. Looks like someone had to be reminded of there place.
The Sweetgrass looks pretty bad. The young Sweetgrass tom got put in his place and was taking it out on a lower member.

Thank You Those poor girls in those molting pics are looking pretty shabby right now but they will be in top form again soon. And how is your boy doing with his head injuries hope he is doing better?
He's gone from staying on the bed in our camper to seeking me out to lay on my chest. I kind of think He's going to lose his snood, but that's fine, it doesn't affect his quality of life. He's a pretty tough and smart little guy. He's sitting on my chest as I write this, kind of hard to type on a phone with a 3 month old Tom sitting on your chest

Back
Top Bottom