A Chicken Love Story....Gypsy and Zane

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
My black Ameraucana hen, Gypsy, is in love with Zane. She runs with the main laying flock, is mated by Dutch and Mace, Zane's brothers, but this is where I find her all the time. She adores Zane, always has. And I think he likes the company. It's very wet today so he couldnt go outside (pardon her bare neck, she's molting still) Whatcha bet I find her egg up there today? Her mama, Charlotte, my older blue Ameraucana hen, is in the pen below Zane as you can see in the last pic. She is almost naked from her molt and somehow, she managed to tear off a toenail and bleed all over. Had to rebandage her toe today and she's in there so she can stay warm and not walk in the wet mud with her bandage.

DCP_1902.jpg

DCP_1904.jpg

Last edited:
I think I see a natural friendship there - a companionable mutual admiration society there. Nothing like it...

thats sweet...i can see why gypsy loves zane so much...she knows a pretty man when she sees one...he is beautiful...are u gonna keep us updated on this chicken love story or are you dont writing....i would love to hear more and see some more pics of them
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom