1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A chirp and a cheep from the new chick!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by toochicky, Sep 8, 2011.

1. toochicky

toochicky Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2011
    oregon
    Hello,

My name is trisha and I am new to the forums. Currently, not a owner of chickens. My fiance and I are shopping for the perfect dream home/mini-farm right now here in Portland, Oregon. I hope to invest in having chickens, ducks, goats and a couple beehives once we get our home,..and a possible llama as a pet because they are soo ADORABLY cute. The chickens I want because I am HUGE fan of being frugal and we spend so much on chicken at the store. In fact, its the only real meat we eat besides fish, and having fresh eggs would be awesome. However, I am not completely certain I will be able to have meat chickens (thus the research! I get attached easily to things with unique personality's).[​IMG]

Currently, a proud owner of 3 cats and 2 guinea pigs. I grew up an a farm but we never had livestock, just a plethora of horses, dogs, cats and practically every household pet you can think of at one time or another (from having a mother who was a vet technician).I have so many questions about chickens, hoping to get a firm idea and be able to plan out everything we need before we obtain them. I am very excited to have found these forums! [​IMG]

~Trisha (toochicky)

2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Michigan! I am envious of your plans to start your mini farm. Good luck!

3. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! We are so glad to have you. Best of luck with your house / farm search!!

[​IMG]

4. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Looking for a new place is sooo exciting!! Good Luck, I hope you find something perfect. Oregon is a beautiful place to live.
    [​IMG]

5. jdschuler

jdschuler Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2011
    [​IMG] I am new too! And have found myself addicted to this site! I have already lit as much u enjoy earned alot and the people here are so helpful, insightful and humorous! i hope that you enjoy it as much as I do! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

6. toochicky

toochicky Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2011
    oregon
    Quote:Thanks! I used to live in Webberville, Michigan (hicktown just outside of east lansing). Just moved here a bit over a year ago!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, Trisha and [​IMG]. Love your enthusiasm for your new farm and animals. [​IMG] Best of luck and have fun on BYC! [​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Trisha! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Best of luck on finding your "perfect home"! [​IMG] You'll just love owning chickens too!

10. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by