A chirp and a cheep from the new chick!

toochicky

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 8, 2011
oregon
Hello,

My name is trisha and I am new to the forums. Currently, not a owner of chickens. My fiance and I are shopping for the perfect dream home/mini-farm right now here in Portland, Oregon. I hope to invest in having chickens, ducks, goats and a couple beehives once we get our home,..and a possible llama as a pet because they are soo ADORABLY cute. The chickens I want because I am HUGE fan of being frugal and we spend so much on chicken at the store. In fact, its the only real meat we eat besides fish, and having fresh eggs would be awesome. However, I am not completely certain I will be able to have meat chickens (thus the research! I get attached easily to things with unique personality's).
yippiechickie.gif

Currently, a proud owner of 3 cats and 2 guinea pigs. I grew up an a farm but we never had livestock, just a plethora of horses, dogs, cats and practically every household pet you can think of at one time or another (from having a mother who was a vet technician).I have so many questions about chickens, hoping to get a firm idea and be able to plan out everything we need before we obtain them. I am very excited to have found these forums!
smile.png

~Trisha (toochicky)

welcome-byc.gif
I am new too! And have found myself addicted to this site! I have already lit as much u enjoy earned alot and the people here are so helpful, insightful and humorous! i hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
frow.gif

Quote:
Thanks! I used to live in Webberville, Michigan (hicktown just outside of east lansing). Just moved here a bit over a year ago!

Back
Top Bottom