A Craigslist Vent and Warning

I feel for ya'- I sold all of my Little Tykes playground equipment in one big lot on Craigslist one time--this is where I found out the crazy craigslist shopper in my area! It was sold to the first payer, not first come first serve thing so someone paypaled the $$. Sold!! Not to get into it, (and hubby learned not to give out our address) but it ended up that my husband had to empty a magazine into the air to get the crazy @#$%* off of our property ranting "I was here first!" Even though we told her on the phone that it was paid for.

They're out there for sure. If she continues to email and harrass you, I would definitely file a complaint, make a copy of the complaint, scan it, and email it back to her so that she knows you're not screwing around or simply post it on Craigslist to warn others of this womans behavior. She probably went through the clothes, took out what she wanted, and is now doing this to get her money back.

It is most aggravating and makes you realize those people you can't stand are just around the corner no matter where you are-hopefully you've heard the last of her.

Quote:
I think its a lower % but they make it their full time job. They refine their technique every day. Some are just stupid kids thinking they're "pranking" someone. Kinda like me and my friends did before caller ID. Sometimes I think this internet thing is a bigger curse than a blessing.

OK, she's a flat out idiot. You SAID you were putting things in there for free that were left from your yard sale. So, DUH, there will be selling prices on them on tags. She was told you were putting them in there, sees the tags, and is now saying you BOUGHT them at a yard sale because there are tags on them??????? IDIOT.

I'm glad you reported her. Block her email.

Craigslist brings out the wackaloons.
roll.png

I NEVER EVER let people come out to my farmlet. No sense letting the crazies know where I live. I always use my cell phone if I have to communicate with them and don't give out my home number. It is something of a pain to have to drive to meet folks, but better safe than sorry.

Ignore the froot loop. You did exactly as you advertised. She is the one that can't read apparently. Block her email and phone and live a happy, peaceful life. You did nothing wrong.

I finally got some sleep last night. I guess if I didn't get a chance to come vent here I bet I would have went fuming all night!!!

Just making sure my family is safe from the crazies for now, everything else no longer matters.

This is what I would do.
Make a copy of the e-mail, if this wack job has made threats against you I would take it in to the police and file a harrassment complaint against her. Since it is mainly internet there is not much they can do, but they do take threats in any form seriously.
If you have any info on her such as name, phone number etc they can use that.

Now wouldn't that just scare the stuffings out of her if the police showed up and told her you filed a harrassment complaint against her.
gig.gif

Quote:
I had something simular with a pair of chickens. I had honestly 30-40 people email me in two days about these birds. Everyone saying "can I get them Sat/Sun/next weekend?" I told them all yes "if they were still available" Most understood but I had one couple email the most hateful words I ever read because they wanted to build a coop first and of course the birds were long gone by then. I had been upfront with every person how first with cash wins. I even wrote ALL the people back and let them know that they had sold! That is when I got the hateful reply email. They felt like they were guarenteed the birds and I quote "we just got back from Home Depot and bought all the supplies for a coop!"
Well DUH... if you want chickens, mine or anyone elses, you didn't waste money on supplies for a coop! They were hinting around that I owed them some birds. I offered them FREE hatching egg that I sell on a regular basis just to be more positive... they never wrote back.
I think I did far more than most people would have in my shoes.

There are some freakin' nuts out there!

Quote:
I had something simular with a pair of chickens. I had honestly 30-40 people email me in two days about these birds. Everyone saying "can I get them Sat/Sun/next weekend?" I told them all yes "if they were still available" Most understood but I had one couple email the most hateful words I ever read because they wanted to build a coop first and of course the birds were long gone by then. I had been upfront with every person how first with cash wins. I even wrote ALL the people back and let them know that they had sold! That is when I got the hateful reply email. They felt like they were guarenteed the birds and I quote "we just got back from Home Depot and bought all the supplies for a coop!"
Well DUH... if you want chickens, mine or anyone elses, you didn't waste money on supplies for a coop! They were hinting around that I owed them some birds. I offered them FREE hatching egg that I sell on a regular basis just to be more positive... they never wrote back.
I think I did far more than most people would have in my shoes.

There are some freakin' nuts out there!

Wow... people are nuts!

I did list a ferret on a rescue once, and I listed how picky I was going to be about where she went to live. I had demands of the people who wanted her. Things like you had to have another 'lone' ferret for her to play with, but no more then 1 so she wouldn't compete for attention. I wanted to meet everyone who lived in the house and have her do at least 2 visits before we were set on the adoption... ect ect. I was strict! I didn't want to put her in a bad situation, she was a loved pet.

Anyways, one girl emailed, answered some questions... I didn't feel good about her, then I found the perfect family and they met all my requirements so I told the girl so sorry, but we found her a home we preferred for her. And the girl went NUTS. You know, I was here first, you PROMISED her to me... ect ect. She went on emailing and calling for a week or so, and finally went away.

So this wasn't my first time dealing with someone like this... it wasn't on craigslist, it was on an actual site set up for animal rescues. Either way, I know... there are crazies everywhere!!!

Thanks everyone for letting me vent! I just downloaded a call blocker on my cell phone and I added her numbers this morning.
smile.png

And this is exactly why I absolutely do not deal with Craigslist, or Freecycle, or any of those sites. Too many mean, crazy people out there wanting something- usually very expensive something- for nothing. I take my clothes to Goodwill and just don't deal with it.

And really, just what is wrong with Walmart clothing? My kids wear Walmart and Target clothing sometimes. If something is nice and fits them well and is a good price, then I buy it. And they look every single bit as cute and pretty as little girls that wear all Gymboree or Janie & Jack. That lady needs to get over herself.

Quote:
Yes, I do buy things at walmart too, they have some adorable stuff for the price. I would donate honestly, but not in our unemployment situation. Every dollar I make goes to bills these days.... so this money is going to clothe my child for winter
smile.png
I will probably be at the goodwill thirft shop by the end of the weekend at least once. But you know what... she LOVES going there because she can pick out like 20 things and get them all! The look on her face is priceless.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom