A crop problem?

Granny23

Songster
Aug 2, 2021
Fontana, California
The same hen I had a real concern about a couple months ago is in real trouble. After reading info here its likely a crop issue. I thoght she was dead yesterday but she's here in my lap now feeling really bad.
Her crop is still full like last night. She didn't roost so I tucked her away by herself. This morning she wanted and drank some water. She would probably eat too but Im withholding it as she still wants to.
Her crop isnt real mushy nor is it hard . It's just FULL. Feeling it now its like dough? Im getting some coconut oil and miconizole too as suggested here as treatment.
Ive been massaging her crop some. Does this sound like a crop issue? None of the other 5 are affected. Oh and she does have a sauerkraut smell.She just stays in one place and looks really unwell. We noticed her behavior about 4 days ago.
Thank you!!

The same hen I had a real concern about a couple months ago is in real trouble. After reading info here its likely a crop issue. I thoght she was dead yesterday but she's here in my lap now feeling really bad.
Her crop is still full like last night. She didn't roost so I tucked her away by herself. This morning she wanted and drank some water. She would probably eat too but Im withholding it as she still wants to.
Her crop isnt real mushy nor is it hard . It's just FULL. Feeling it now its like dough? Im getting some coconut oil and miconizole too as suggested here as treatment.
Ive been massaging her crop some. Does this sound like a crop issue? None of the other 5 are affected. Oh and she does have a sauerkraut smell.She just stays in one place and looks really unwell. We noticed her behavior about 4 days ago.
Thank you!!
It sounds like sour crop and an impacted crop which is probably what caused the sour crop I would say the treatment you are giving sounds pretty good. I hope she gets better.

Back
Top Bottom