A+D ointment uses?

I found this thread when replying to another and trying to remember if I’ve seen anyone else use this stuff. I have to say, our family loves this for use on minor injuries and skin irritations. It’s got vitamins A and D in it which promote natural skin healing. I went to school for medical laboratory science and we learned to use ointments containing antibiotics sparingly (when not absolutely necessary) as not to help promote antibiotic resistance. This was back when MRSA was becoming a bigger issue and there weren’t as many options available to treat it. So in place of ointments like Neosporin, we use this if a wound is minor and has a smaller chance of becoming infected. I always take a small tube to the beach with us to use when the sand starts to stick to our bathing suits and chafing starts. We use it on our animals, too, for minor injuries. It’s wonderful.

I found this thread when replying to another and trying to remember if I’ve seen anyone else use this stuff. I have to say, our family loves this for use on minor injuries and skin irritations. It’s got vitamins A and D in it which promote natural skin healing. I went to school for medical laboratory science and we learned to use ointments containing antibiotics sparingly (when not absolutely necessary) as not to help promote antibiotic resistance. This was back when MRSA was becoming a bigger issue and there weren’t as many options available to treat it. So in place of ointments like Neosporin, we use this if a wound is minor and has a smaller chance of becoming infected. I always take a small tube to the beach with us to use when the sand starts to stick to our bathing suits and chafing starts. We use it on our animals, too, for minor injuries. It’s wonderful.
Interesting! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom