A day made of glass, new technology from Corning

Quote:
Too sanitary, too clean = allergies. A little dirt, a few germs...makes for a stronger constitution.

I can't even keep my eye glasses clean...all that glass would just be awful.

Quote:
Too sanitary, too clean = allergies. A little dirt, a few germs...makes for a stronger constitution.

The sterile image of the future is just disturbing. I'll take my chances with good ol' dirt and the germs that come with it. All this futuristic stuff is WAY too fragile, too. This does not at all take into account rampaging kids who ALWAYS throw things.

Yep.. none of that stuff would last a week in my house...
lol.png

Quote:

The sterile image of the future is just disturbing. I'll take my chances with good ol' dirt and the germs that come with it. All this futuristic stuff is WAY too fragile, too. This does not at all take into account rampaging kids who ALWAYS throw things.

thumbsup.gif

That was just ridiculous on so many levels.

Guy wakes up and pulls up the outside on a screen? How about looking out those giant windows right there?

Girl sees how clothes look on her and then bothers to look in the mirror after trying them on? Why? She already knows how they will look.

Child draws funny face on her fridge pic... God forbid a child actually pick up a crayon.

Girl gets in car and pulls up directions to her own workplace? Really? Maybe step away from the technology and she could actually LEARN the way to her own office.

Also, the only natural things I saw were an apple and then later some popcorn. Why weren't those pulled up on a glass screen too, so they could imagine enjoying them without "real" calories?

It reminds me of that stupid Tom Cruise movie a while back, I can't remember the name. Where they pulled up all those virtual screens....

Just stupid. All of it. No thanks, I'll take REAL LIFE.
roll.png

The end result of technology; Brains, which do not have to think; bodies, which have no reason to exercise, except waiting around to die....Oh, wait! We are trying to postpone that, as long as possible, too....Maybe, we can get rid of the term, Being bored to death.

Quote:
I believe that's how auto dimming rear view mirrors on cars work so that stuff has been out a long time.

I know the glass in my welding helmet is clear till I start welding then it turns black. Well worth having.

Back
Top Bottom