A dog attacked my chicken and now she is trying to eat herself!

No, we just got storebought silvesorb gel and we are putting it on the wound to eliminate and kill any infection.

I am not 100% positive that I will be posting pictures because I am busy this evening but I will truly try my best. And I am not sure how to tag them.

Hi from Germany
you can use Manuka Honey for the wound. And something like metacam against the pain. Please dont use peroxid. Antibiotica to make sure she wont get any other illness
sylvia

We have a vet involved but they do not specialize in chickens so they are giving us all of the information that they can. She is lively and eating and drinking but we are afraid that she already has a minor infection, we are trying to treat it with antibiotics the best we can. I have a towel around her wings and right below her head so she can't turn around and peck it or else that is all she would do.
If you have a vet involved, then follow their advice! You are just going to get more confused by posting online and getting direction from the vet as well.

I am not 100% positive that I will be posting pictures because I am busy this evening but I will truly try my best. And I am not sure how to tag them.

Okay, I just wasn't sure because they don't specialize in chickens but thank you!
Then why pay for a vet if you aren't confident in their services?
A vet *should* be knowledgeable in wound care, evaluating the extent of injury and will be the quickest source of getting antibiotics and/or pain medications if those are needed.

I assume you are young, you will likely get conflicting info as to how to treat your hen since you are asking a vet along with backyard keepers. Products and opinions will vary. Sticking with one plan of treatment is the best way to help your hen heal.

Back
Top Bottom