A duckling starter kit?....

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
So, some of you know that I hatched out a few eggs, and im now trying to sell the two ducklings I dont want, well, do you think that it would be a good idea to sell them along with two pounds of food, and the brooder they are in? All for $10? Is $10 to much?

That sounds reasonable to me. I paid 8 bucks for 2 ducklings. A small bag of feed was 3. And a lot more on a brooder.

I think a starter kit is brilliant!

Perhaps a one page list of important things to remember would be a nice, touch, too.

The $10 for the ducklings and feed sounds good - is that enough for you, if you were to include the brooder? That might be negotiable.

I know our first brooder, that lasted for two weeks till they outgrew it, was a giant Rubbermaid bin I already had.

The second one cost some money - but it lasted up to and including the runners being completely grown up.

Oh, and they are mix breds... And thanks! I put them on craigslist for $10 with the starter kit.

Amiga: the brooder would only last a week or two, thats why its so cheap
tongue.png
lol! Gonna go see if I got a email...

I was wondering too, the price sounded too good, but that makes sense if it is a temporary brooder. My three ducklings cost $15 each but they were several weeks old.

Edit spelling.

Last edited:
great idea, I do the same thing! When I go to the farmers market with ducks I have a "take home package" for impulse buys. It ensures that people have everything they need to get started. I have a little booklet I created on my website that you're welcome to download: http://2mooses.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/2/7/3827958/guidetoraisingducksgeese.pdf

You
can also include a brooder that can be turned into a pond once it's outgrown. Just go to Lowes and buy a concrete mixing tub (http://ow.ly/7uPYj) for about $15. I have several around my place and they're great for 2-4 ducks to take a bath in. It's always nice to have something that can be repurposed!
big_smile.png

Thanks farmrgirl! And thank you for that book! I have one of those tubs out with my ducks right now as a pond. They love it, but I got them a kiddie pool so they dont need it anymore.... But I need to keep thatone. Lol. Thanks again farmrgirl!

Back
Top Bottom