A Feed Place W/ Everything...... I Need Your HELP? Please!!!!

SteveBaz

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Pacific North West
Chicken Feed Organic;

Payback Organic Chicken Starter Crumbles 20% 25# $15.40
Payback Organic Pullet Developer Pellet 16% 50# $25.60
Payback Organic Layer Pellet 16% 50# $25.00
Payback Organic Cracked Corn 50# $24.00
Cascade Organic 3 grain scratch 50# $19.00
Oyster Shell Lay Blend 5# $2.40 50# $8.00
Cherrystone Quartz Grit Size #1 – #4 5# $2.50 50# $9.80
Limestone Hen Grit 5# $2.50 50# $9.80

Chicken Feed NON-Organic;

Albers Hi-Lay Pellets 16% #50 $16.00
Albers Hi-Lay Crumbles 16% #50 $16.00
Albers All Purpose Poultry Crumbles 16% #25 $8.40
Albers All Purpose Poultry Crumbles 16% #50 $16.00
Payback Egg Pellet 17% #50 $16.40
Buxton’s Layer Pellet 16% #50 $24.00
Chicken Start Crumbles Medicated 18% #25 $9.80
Chicken Start Crumbles Medicated 18% #50 $17.80
Cracked Corn #50 $15.20
Hen 5 Grain Scratch #50 $15.00
Hen 2 Grain Scratch #50 $15.00
Chicken Scratch #25 $9.40

They also offer Soybean meal, Beet pulp, Rice Bran Regular, Rice Brand Pellet, Wheat Bran – Red, Microna Lime, Organic apple cider vinegar, corn, oats, Barley, Rye and much more including straw, Pine shavings, Kelp meal, Azmite, DE, bedding feeders and anything birds.

Would some one tell me if this has good pricing?
Would someone tell me what I should buy and use off this list?
They even have bulk and sell the 50+ bins to sell you.
What would you guys be using and buying from this supplier regarding 10 Week old chickens and going to the future.

I am still to new to know all help would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance

Steve

I go all organic and those seem to be the prices that are normal in Atlanta. i can get 30" organic layer for $30 from my local Meetup group. My preference is a local mill in Alabama-when I go there it costs about $14 for organic layer when I buy in bulk.

Nothing on that list. I give mine Black oily sunflower seed (in the shell) that I get from Home Depot, some veggie/fruit scraps (there's a list on the forum) and leftovers from the local Turkish restaurant (just vegetarian) because when I stop, they stop laying!

Quote:
My questions were;

What would you guys be using and buying from this supplier regarding 10 Week old chickens and going to the future.

DID NOT ANSWER 1 OF MY QUESTIONS BUT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ANYWAY.

Steve

Those appear to be about what the prices here are for what you list. Our non organic is a bit lower but the organic is a little higher. But on average, look ok to me.

For 10 week olds, use the Poultry crumbles or the pullet developer. Don't start using layer food till they start laying because the extra calcium in layer is not good for younger ones.

For 10 week old chicks I would stick to the medicated crumbles until they are about 18 to 20 weeks. Then lay mash or pellets. I've never used the layer pellets but want to try them this time around. I buy the medicated chick crumbles (non organic) for $13.99 for 50 lbs. I'm in So. Ca. Those prices seem a little high. I would buy, the chick started medicated crumbles, then oyster shell, and hen grit. Also when they are older and starting to lay, the lay mash and the 5 grain scratch. Something to scratch after in the yard. If you want to spend the extra money......go organic!

Answers to specific questions.

The organic prices seem reasonable - around here its about $23 - $25 for a 40 lb bag so you're doing better than in Denver - I'd like to find the org pellets for that price for this winter when the tractor will traversing the garden since the pellets probably don't have viable seeds like the org. grains I get and that caused a weed infestation this spring. The non-organic feeds are a little more than what I'd pay at the closest feed store here if I wanted that.

Depends on what you need right now, and whether you can conveniently get it cheaper elsewhere.

That's great. Take some 5-gal buckets down and get it bulk. I get my organic layer for $.41/lb in bulk from a distribution that happens on Saturday every 6 weeks. The convenience you've got is nice for a little more.

Can't see why not. Get the "developer" (aka "Grower") for the next 2 months and then switch to a layer mix.

Maybe you could drive an hour across town and get it for a couple bucks less?
hmm.png

Quote:
I can drive 30 miles and get it a bit cheaper at a country feed suppluy but the money to drive there is not worth it.

Steve

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom