Those who use an "All Flock" feed, PLEASE help me decide on a feed!

Pics
I buy Kalmbach's Flock Maker 20% protein. I have 13 week old pullets, 2 and 3 year old hens, and a rooster. I have oyster shell and crushed eggshell available too.

The picture on the bag shows quail, geese, ducks, and chickens.
My concern is the feeding instructions on the all flock maker say this:
"Feed continuously as the sole ration to ducks, geese, and chickens until laying age. Feed as the sole ration to turkeys and game birds from 6 weeks of age until laying age."

I fed Kalmbach's organic starter/grower feed to my chicks when they were in the brooder, and to my entire flock when the chicks moved out to the coop. They've all been on Flock Maker for about 2 weeks. That's what I've been feeding my adult flock for the last tw years, except when I've had chicks in with them.

I buy Kalmbach's Flock Maker 20% protein. I have 13 week old pullets, 2 and 3 year old hens, and a rooster. I have oyster shell and crushed eggshell available too.

The picture on the bag shows quail, geese, ducks, and chickens.

Thanks for the info! So I would need separate breed specific feeds for them? They all free range during the day together (but are housed separately overnight) the ducks are laying and the chickens will be old enough to soon. Was hoping to switch them all to Kalmbach after reading about it on this site and other reviews.
I see. You're looking for a layer feed. Any would technically be fine, but feeding as Sally does (above) is a better option.
"Feed continuously as the sole ration to ducks, geese, and chickens until laying age. Feed as the sole ration to turkeys and game birds from 6 weeks of age until laying age."
They word it that way on the assumption that you will be switching to layer. The feed is fine for life.

I feed Tucker Mills Show Flock Developer which is an "all flock" 20% feed and it says the exact thing word for word on the bag. After reading and asking on this forum I went with it after my starter/grower was finished. I have a separate container for supplemental calcium in the form of oyster shell and or egg shells and it's working out great!!

I am getting eggs every day now and the shells are ridiculously hard so the calcium supplement is obviously working out just fine. All of my birds are slick and pretty with the higher protein feed....I won't be changing to anything else as long as they continue to thrive. Best of luck and welcome to the forum!!!

Back
Top Bottom