A few garden pictures

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mjdtexan, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Songster

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Here is one of my watermelon patches with tomatoes posing in the background

[​IMG]

Some Okra plants (with weeds posing as well [​IMG])

[​IMG]

Some russet potatoe plants that I have absolutely no idea if I am doing right

[​IMG]

Some of the blue potatoe plants that are trying to recover from being transplanted out of the bed that I put fresh chicken poo in (like an idiot)

[​IMG]

One of the guilty chickens who didnt warn me not to put fresh chicken poo in a garden bed. I should cook her. Good thing she lays lots of eggs

[​IMG]

A view of the field that next spring is going to become a VERY BIG garden

[​IMG]

Another view of said field

[​IMG]

Two piles of horse manure. One is for spring 2010 and the other which will be MUCH larger will be for 2011 with all kinds of leaves, coffee grounds, vegetables, etc etc. In the background is another watermelon patch with four corn plants.

[​IMG]

Some more guilty chickens, I have 19 girls. They are about 5½ months old I expect

[​IMG]

Tomatoes

[​IMG]

More tomatoes

[​IMG]

Tomato plants posing

[​IMG]

This is Brutus the dog. He wandered up after Hurricane Ike at my sisters house. He's a keeper. If it moves in the yard, he'll kill it. I've seen him eating snakes. He's a good boy (he's a meathead really but I tell him he's a good boy)

[​IMG]

2. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Songster

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Here are two shots of one of my baby watermelons. Note the golf ball

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a baby Okra

[​IMG]

Here are some baby Squash

[​IMG]

3. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    I am so jealous! Can I come over for dinner??

4. Quote:Me too, me too!!! Gorgeous garden, guess we should start a garden photo thread on here for the summer!!!

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow, real nice garden! Love your property too, how lucky you are! Funny, those silly girls didn't warn you, shame on them, right? [​IMG]

6. gaberdeen

gaberdeen Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Byram, NJ
    Very nice. I'm jealous. I have only room for a small garden. I would love to have room to plant melon and pumpkins or even some corn. As it is I wish it would just stop raining here in NJ so I could get ANYTHING planted.[​IMG] One of my fondest memories growing up was my parents large garden.::[​IMG]

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    nice... I see room for a pond and ducks too. [​IMG]

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    and you're the wine maker so where are all your vines and berry bushes?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  9. luvarabhorses

luvarabhorses Songster

Oct 1, 2008
    Hector, Ar
    You got it all going on man! [​IMG] Every year my garden gets bigger and more exciting in my head during winter months only to have it destroyed by freak cold spells, armadillos or some other unknown foe. [​IMG]

10. cw

cw Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    have u thought about plowin the future garden for next year?
    the more time you have to jump on it turn the ground over the less weeds you have i wish i had a pic if my melon patch, looks good, keep up the good work

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: