A few issues- <expletive> is it Cocci?!!?

No change. Still watery. I got pooped on and what came out was mostly warerand it didn't even smell bad. Is that weird.

Nope, no coughing as of yet... just seems like they are drinking to much water... its really weird... like the water that came out of them didnt even smell or anything.

The babies are still "squirting " away. I am just at such a loss for what is going on with them. I am probably going to bring them in tomorrow to see if I can see what the deal is. Could they be drinking to much water? Could they not be processing something properly???? Should I try molasses? Benefiber? Immodium!

I would be most concerned with the watery droppings especially that you mentioned no odor. I remember having litter of infant puppies and their poo was so watery, their hindlegs were soaking wet. I lost them fast. Don't remember what it turned out to be. But anybird/animal can dehydrate rapidly from all the fluid lost. I wouldn't use human products, Pepto Bismul has salicylic acid (sp?? )which is aspirin. they may be overdosed on this, especially a tiny serama.

I could at least call a vet and asked what you could do for them

Quote:
Molasses is a laxative in chickens.

Yeah I know, I just dont know what I should do!

I think I am going to bring them in tonight just to see what the deal is... maybe give them a banana and some yogurt.

Quote:
Molasses is a laxative in chickens.

Yeah I know, I just dont know what I should do!

I think if were in your shoes I would give them a worming medication since the diarrhea won't go away (unless you are up for a fecal test at the vet first).

Diarrhea for a long time is very harmful. They are losing valuable electrolytes. I would actually go buy them a bag of electrolytes too in the poultry section of the feed store and put it in their water.

I personally would start with Wazine (there is a younger chicken dose on the bottle) for the first dose and follow up with valbazen 10 days later. If you need instructions / dosages we can find links for you to see.

After the wormings I'd give them plain unsweetened yogurt to reestablish proper gut cultures. And some scrambled eggs as a boost.

But this is just what I would do and I cannot see the situation...it is difficult to give advice over internet, LOL.

Quote:
LOL I was typing to feed yogurt and you were typing it at the same time!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom