A few pictures Of Yellow Hungarians

call ducks

silver appleyard addict
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
waterville , canada
Hey there folks here are a few pictures i took today.

Head of a Yellow Hen:

hungrain-yellow-hen-head.jpg

Full Body Picture of my cock:

yellow-hungarain-cock.jpg

Upclose of the wing

yellow-hungarain-cock-wing.jpg

Just wanted to share them. They are about 1 1/2 years now. Going in the breeding pen on the first i hope
big_smile.png

Quote:
Not going to sell any until they are improved on. I have a friend that i well be giving a few chicks to though. These need improvement (better laying and carcus)

Do you have any pictures of their eggs? Aren't their eggs suppose to have different patterns on them or something like that?

Last edited:
The OP is in Canada, where Hungarians are indeed available. In the US we'd have to get them imported I believe.

Pretty birds. I expected a diluted/cream bird though.

Quote:
Those are not feather tufts (something they should not have. Rather the feathers that cover the ear all chickens have these)

I can not say where they came from. Only that this breed is used for studies
wink.png

Quote:
Oh no, I remember some people in California where I grew up raised them, so they are here just pretty rare. I was about 5 or 6 so I don't remember them all the well but I think the eggs had a striped kind of pattern if I remember correctly

Quote:
Sorry no pictures of the eggs yet. Although you can clearly tell that the eggs are laid from different hens though. I find these eggs crack length wise a lot of the time

Back
Top Bottom