a few questions about pumpkin seeds

I will just do that then and put them back in the pumpkin when I'm done. I heard they will eat the pumpkin too.

I just bought 2 medium sized pumpkins at lowes real cheap so I'm thinking about using those for the chickens.

Is there a reason raw pumpkin is bad?
Mine have been eating the landscape pumpkins out in the yard. They pecked HUGE holes in the "shell" and completely gutted one already.
Thinking about getting a couple more and then using them on the front steps for Halloween!!!
lol.png

pumpkin is not good for chickens to eat? a friend gave us 2 candy roasters last year and the ducks and chickens chowed down on them and their all still here.

oops, I guess I didnt say that as I intended... I was ASKING if the raw pumpkin is a problem. Everyone else semed to be getting pumpkins and going through trouble to remove and cop the seeds??? Seems like alot of work mine do for themselves.

I don't think they are bad for chickens. People post on here all the time how they use them for natural dewormers. I gave the pumpkin seeds to my chickens and they LOVED them.

I feed raw and cooked pumpkin to my chickens, dogs and anything else that will eat them. High in nutrition and the seeds may help supress worm load. I've never heard of them being bad for the bird.

I give my chickens all kinds of squash and pumpkins, our farmers market runs every Saturday and since they started selling squash/pumpkin I have been getting 1 of either type, slice it and just put it in the run, I just wash the outside real well, and they eat everything skin and all, I don't remove anything but the thick top stem.

Back
Top Bottom