1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

a few questions about the forum

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by ChuckenGirl, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    3 to be exact

how are topics made sticky's?
    and
    how do you change the title of a post i posted?
    and
    whats a "bump" and how do you do it?

2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    You can change your title (if you are the original poster by clicking the "edit" word on your post and just changing it. Bumping is really against the rules unless you have new info to add or the issue really needs someone's attention. Sticky's I have no idea about, sorry! [​IMG]

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have a question. even though bump is spam is it still better then reposting the same post over and over?

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    A bump is never really acceptable except for emergencies. In most cases, people either don't respond because they don't know the answer or the question has already been answered a hundred times and they're tired of typing the answer. In the latter case, it is best to use the Search function and you'll likely find the answer.

As for reposting the same question over and over..that is considerred spam as well and will typically lead to the duplicate question topics being closed. It just causes too much clutter and disorganization. I hope this helps clarify why the rule is in place.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by