A form of Chicken math?

Cimba

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
Last March I recieved 25 chicks free from the grain store, if I bought feed and watering device. Of course I did this and was up to 40 chickens. Well last Friday, I took 10 of the 3 month R.R.'s back and traded for more grain. It felt good to down size the flock as it was getting croweded in the coop. Saturday, my little Batam, who only started to lay a couple of weeks ago, decieded it was time to start a family. Tonight she is sitting on 2 eggs of her own and has stolen 7 eggs from the americanas.
Is this some form of Chicken math?

Welll... tonight I candled the eggs, actualy I used my LED flashlight, worked great. of the 13 she is siting, 4 were no goes, all the rest are solid and dark with a clear air pocket. Should be seeing something in the nest about the 15th. My first hatching.

Well there are 4 peepers today, should be interesting to see what they turn out like, Mom is an Americana and dad is a RIR.
Step mom is a black bantam who is now losing interest in the rest of the eggs, so I'm going to try and keep them warm for a couple more days and see if anything happens, right now they are in an egg carton on top of the water heater, one of the empty pockets of the carton I have water in.
Advice and suggestions welcome!
Thanks in advance.
Tony

Un M? sorry, I don't understand. But thank you for replying.

In this case, the batam went broody, took the favorite nest to set in and the americanas would just crawl in on top of her lay their egg which would roll in under her and they would leave. LOl

Back
Top Bottom