A forum for everything I do

sparkfly88

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Sarasota
I've always wanted a bird since I was little, and this little thing was cruising around in my backyard...

I got em cornered, didn't try to fly away or anything. Heck, it barely even moved when I scooped it up.

Eats darn near anything, bread, cornmeal, bugs, roaches, seeds, grass...lol

What is it?

I'm part of many forums, and now I found this one to add to my list
big_smile.png

My first thought when looking at the bird is that it reminds me of my black rosecombs, but the comb is wrong. Same face and look though. Maybe a mix??

Cute friend though.

Welcome to BYC
smile.png

That pullet has a single comb.
wink.png

Expect it to lay eggs for you in a couple weeks though.
smile.png

First,
welcome-byc.gif

Second - It looks like a gamefowl of some sort. . . Sure is a pretty little girl though.

So I've been doing tons of reading, as I always do with any kind of hobby I get interested in...

This whole chicken thing looks mighty interesting.

Too bad Sarasota Fl doesnt approve of it....
hu.gif

If I get a couple more and call them pets, it shouldn't be a problem I'd think....

SO, question time:caf

Are there any small reliable incubators for say 1-5 eggs that roll automatically?
I work a full time job, and I know the full size ones I've been reading about is a bit much for what I want/need.
I have enough space in my room for one, I have a full size work bench I can share space for my other hobbies.

I have a place called Stockyard that deals with feed for all sorts of stuff, I'm sure I can get chicken feed of all ages for them there I'd think.

Do chickens naturally keep to their home area? Or do I need a roof of some sort on their wandering space...I guess it's called a "run"

How long are the average lifespans? How long do you think this bird of mine has left?

Thanks!

( i like this smily, i just wanna use it )
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom