A good chuckle

awizkey

Songster
Apr 22, 2017
Northeastern Ohio
So I remodeled the inside of my coop including a smaller nesting area, as my hens only used 2 out of the 5 nest boxes I previously had in there. Today I hung their heat lamp and I was near the coop when I heard a lot of clucking and chitter chatter. I cracked the door open and there was my roo building a nest from the fresh straw I put in there! He was laying in there talking away. Too cute. I had to share lol.

Attachments

• 44054720_2113280075604180_7382534107302985728_n.jpg
    44054720_2113280075604180_7382534107302985728_n.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 13
Did the hens pay any attention to him? Usually a roo does that to entice his favorite hen (of the moment) to come join him.

I have two roos that both adore finding blind corners and crevices, both inside the run and outside in addition to the nest boxes. They take up that rapid, low volume chattering, and occasionally they'll rope a hen into coming to investigate what the score is.

It's one of the most entertaining and adorable behaviors that a rooster displays.

Did the hens pay any attention to him? Usually a roo does that to entice his favorite hen (of the moment) to come join him.

I have two roos that both adore finding blind corners and crevices, both inside the run and outside in addition to the nest boxes. They take up that rapid, low volume chattering, and occasionally they'll rope a hen into coming to investigate what the score is.

It's one of the most entertaining and adorable behaviors that a rooster displays.
One of them came to check him out and a few came in the coop, but none of them joined him haha..

No they are like hey stupid we have real boxes in the coop lol the first time hugh did it in was like omg what's wrong with him. Then I figured it out. Probably the sweetest experience I have with that is when prancer was sitting on the floor next to the box cupcake was in (shes a scissor beak we never thought would lay) while she laid her first egg giving her coos of encouragement.

Back
Top Bottom