A good day for Muscovies (PIC Heavy!)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Thanks all! We have 16 a few weeks younger w/mom, Gwen, who were out foraging away fm this group. We have Beth sitting on a small clutch of 8 and Arwen who is laying a clutch with 12 eggs so far. Some of these Scovies are spoken for & will be going to their new home in another week or so. Scovies are so much fun. [​IMG]

2. waibel zoo

waibel zoo Songster

Mar 23, 2009
    Sandy, UT
    Are they friendly and are letting you get close or are you using a zoom?

3. They aren't "touch" friendly. I'm using a zoom though they let me get right up to them if I have "PEAS." [​IMG] They won't take them fm my hands but will run right up to my feet given the chance for an extra pea. I was within 4-5' of them but wanted some close ups. I could probably get a few of the younger ones "touch" friendly with a little work but only if I plan on keeping them. I may be able to talk DH into letting me keep one or two but we already have 5 adults. I'd keep them all but then I'd really be "over run w/Scovies." [​IMG]

4. Haley_LinckHillPoultry

Haley_LinckHillPoultry Songster

May 10, 2009
    Morris, PA
    Oh man! You have barreds!! I've always wanted barreds!
    I'll trade ya some brown pieds!
    [​IMG]

5. AmyBella

AmyBella Songster

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    Those are very photogenic ducks! So beautiful!

6. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Songster

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    Oh, they are beautiful![​IMG]

7. Oh man! You have barreds!! I've always wanted barreds!
    I'll trade ya some brown pieds!

[​IMG] I'd do it but you are too far away. I'd love a chocolate pied. [​IMG] You do realize that the bars pretty much disappear when they molt out into their adult feathering? The rippled pattern stays the bars don't. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: