a good morning --please rease my follow up to a decesion made

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by old geezer, May 14, 2011.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    good morning to all--i will not judge others--and hope for the same towards me---yesterday decesion is gone and over with---i will hold no animosities towards any who disagreed with my choice---and to all who understood and cared for my decesion , thank you kindly --when the shells start to fly in your direction--there is "always room in a foxhole for more---i have never been able to use the correct words at all times--- thats my fault---well enough , the more i try to explain - the more my foot goes in the mouth ---you all have a great safe day----lou---the old geezer ---[​IMG]..

2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    I'm so glad you came back Geezer! I had read your post right after you posted it before there was more than one reply. My immediate reaction was one of immense sorrow. I could empathize, picturing myself having to face a decision over hens that I love very much. What you faced was wrenching. I sensed your deep emotional conflict.

I was so upset that I couldn't get to sleep last night, and had to get up and look at your post again. That's when I found over a dozen very emotional replies. That should tell you that the dilemma you faced is one shared by a great many of us. It's a problem with few happy solutions.

I tried to think of solutions and couldn't. The one reply suggesting you might have tried pinless peepers was a very good one, but it was kind of buried in an angry tirade. It did lodge in my mind, though, as a possible solution should I face this problem myself. I might make it a point to get some pinless peepers and keep them on hand. Does anyone know where they can be purchased?

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    I'm glad you didn't let the bullies run you off. I'd love to hear how many your broody hatches out. Last year I had a broody bantam cochin. I'm not sure how old she is - 3 or 4, maybe. I kept her when I culled the other non-layers hoping she'd go broody again this year. No such luck. No broodies at all. Oh well, maybe next year. I can wait. Anyway, I'm glad you came back. I've read posts of yours in the past, and you do have good information for those who are looking for help.

4. Melanie 11

Melanie 11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Athens
    glad you decided to come back. [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You did what you had to do, and it got misinterpreted. I know that you are one of the "good guys."

6. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Glad you decided to stick around Lou.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by