A great egg laying day!

WA23

Songster
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Northwest WA State
I only have a flock of eight and for the past three weeks only two have been laying. Today, however, things changed.
wee.gif
We had three new layers this morning. The three that accomplished this feat were a leghorn, RIR, and a (beautiful green egg
celebrate.gif
from a) silver Ameracauna.

It's 33 degrees in North Western Washington with freezing rain and snow. These amazing birds pulled off what we have been waiting for along time.

Only three left to go!

Lucky you.

I had one of my Partridge Rocks go broody, a couple of my barred rocks have begun to molt and today we only got 9 eggs out of 18 hens. The most we've ever gotten is 13.

We need to process a few of those who haven't laid..

congrats to you..

i cant wait for winter to break
mine all statred lay in the mid august i was getting 5 a day from 6 birds 4 br 2 rir

now since mid oct i been getting 2 or 3

its been almost 5 months now that my bunch has been laying.
my family of 4 has eaten a lot of great eggs i given some away..

but never had to buy any yet!
santa going to be good to them

Quote:
Thats great! I am not sure of your leghorn, but I have been expecting mine to start at least a month ago. Her comb and wattles were large and really red and she was squatting. I am not sure what her delay was after seeing the signs for so long.

Thanks for letting me share the news guys.

Congrats on the record laying. I have a total of 16 hens (White Leghorn, Buff Monorchins, & Silver Leghorns) and just yesterday I collected 15 eggs so that means only one not laying or one that is laying took a break. It is mid 30s to mid 40s here in eastern NC along the coast and alot of rain and wind also. I also have a light in the coop for in the morning only to give them a little extra lighting but not too much. Before my record day though I was getting an average of 12 a day.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Congrats to you!
I can't wait until my young girls start laying, they were hatched in August so I am thinking I will have to wait until spring.

Back
Top Bottom