A horrible thing happened tonight, need help

@Iomine Thank you. I was going to continue using the actuator but run a string to the door with a couple of pulleys (since I'll hang the door on the outside wall this time and need to bring the line through the wall smoothly.) Looks like the door will arrive today! It was supposed to come on Sunday, so that's good!

@Chicken Unfortunately it would probably do the same thing as the actuator will exert up to 250 lbs of pressure. I didn't realize that sleeping birds were truly comatose when asleep, now I know better.

Thank you so much @AgnesGray , @3KillerBs and @Mrs K

You helped a lot, and I've now ordered the chicken guard door. I feel confident it should work. I should have gotten one in the first place but was being cheap :(
Don't beat yourself up. I would have never expected it to go that way. Good luck with the new door!

We have the omelet door. It slides side to side not up and down. We also tested it on our arms to make sure the safety worked and it did. It gave a little squeeze but not painful and it opened right back up. It waits a few min and tries again. That was my #1 fear with an auto door.
* its intended to be used on full grown hens, not little chicks. It might hurt a little one. We used the manual open and close until they got full grown.

Back
Top Bottom