A list of Dodge City Hatchery Chicken types

Status
Not open for further replies.
josh bigler, first of all, 3.50 is not a rip off and second, you should probably learn to keep ur mouth shut . cause everyone thinks ur ignorant.

Ps. Banty Rooster, how do i find ur site?

Bantams do cost around $3.00, more or less, and do come in straight run only. But, standard chickens are generally less and do come sexed.

hi austin,
Yeah I believe speaking your mind but there are cases like this that are just flat out stupid and ignorant. If $3.50 is a rip off for a chick "as He states" wonder what he thinks of everything else in life.

Brandon

thats great frizzledkitty then go buy them from whoever. Some of you people really need to understand 2 things on here that you dont seem to. 1 if you dont like someones prices go elsewhere or just dont worry about it. 2nd yeah you can get them cheaper from some big hatcheries and sexed but its no different then buying something at your mom and pop store then going to walmart. A small hatchery spends more money in feed per bird than a large hatchery. They spend more time with their birds than a large hatchery, and usually the quality is better. So if you people can allow this information to sink in and think about im hopeful you will understand it.

Brandon

I didn't say I didn't like his prices. I didn't say not to buy from him. I just stated some facts. Take it or leave it. Not really anything to get all uppity about. Take a deep breath and relax.

im not upitty about it im just stating facts. If you were to be selling something and had someone else advertising where to get them cheaper or flat out being rude with comments how would you feel? Ive had alot of people do it to me with my hatching eggs and I have the same thing to say to them. Bottom line your hurting someones business which is not right.

This is an educational forum. For all the newbies who know nothing about buying their first chicks, we are just educating them, as you are in explaining why his prices may be higher than a big hatchery. With all the info. the newbie can now make an informed decission.
When I asked what quality chickens he had he just said to look at the pix. Know if you had never owned a chicken before could you look at a pix and tell if they are hatchery, breeding or show quality. Maybe if he answered the question we could all get on to buying from him or looking else where.

He can charge whatever prices he wants for his birds....some well known breeders will charge anywhere from five to ten dollars per chick depending on the quality. So you can either pay up or leave it.

Besides, I had to pay over four dollars per Welsummer chicks from Estes Hatchery, st run. So he isnt alone!

Welcome to the BYC!

The nice thing about running your own business is being able to sell your wares for whatever price you'd like to. Leave the man alone and let him sell his birds. If you don't like it, go to a different page. This is getting out of hand.

smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom