A little help with genetics?

Momto6kiddos

Chirping
Feb 5, 2020
Florida
I got some beautiful birds that I hatched from my flock 3 weeks ago. Im having a hard time figuring out where all these colors came from. What are the hidden genes here? My male is GPC. My females are Italian (1), autumn amber(1) pharoah (2), Barred Rosetta (1) and one that looks like a Pharoah but all of her vertical line are white instead of tan (I can take a picture if needed).

The babies though...i have multiple pearl/pearl panda, SSC...well, a bunch of colors. I have only 1 pharoah and 1 Italian. The rest are colors. Im trying to understand the genetics behind these colors. I hatched out another batch a week ago and again, all colors. No pharoah or Italian.
20200805_084111.jpg
20200805_084122.jpg

Last edited:
I got some beautiful birds that I hatched from my flock 3 weeks ago. Im having a hard time figuring out where all these colors came from. What are the hidden genes here? My male is GPC. My females are Italian (1), autumn amber(1) pharoah (2), Barred Rosetta (1) and one that looks like a Pharoah but all of her vertical line are white instead of tan (I can take a picture if needed).

The babies though...i have multiple pearl/pearl panda, SSC...well, a bunch of colors. I have only 1 pharoah and 1 Italian. The rest are colors. Im trying to understand the genetics behind these colors. I hatched out another batch a week ago and again, all colors. No pharoah or Italian. View attachment 2277272View attachment 2277273
@muddy75 , @Nabiki

actually at least 1-2 of those look like they may possibly end up italian or what i call “dirty pearl” and 1-2 rosetta....as for the others, the GPC male is the purest of the fee gene which results i. the pearls, panda, and the dotted white....also the silver. as the “fee” gene turns browns/gold into black/gray/silver and white to put it simply. so pearls and pansy fee are black and white while falb fee, grau fee, and ssc are more gray and white

Would be interessting which parents are involved.

Genetics can be surprising, as there can be recessive genes hidden.

E.g. I breeded a Silver roo with 2 Roux Dilute hens and a Rosetta hen.
I was not expecting to get any Roux, as the Roux gene is sex linked recessive. But it seems, that my roo is Roux carrier, and I got 2 Roux'

Also the mixture of incomplete dominat genes are wonderful surprising.
The chicks of the Silver roo and the Rosetta hen are beautyful, but I cannot tell if the extended Brown gene or the Gold gene of my Rosetta hen interacted with the Silver gene of the roo ... all three genes incomplete dominant (I am guessing the extended Brown, but just a guess ... I am still learning)

20200726_095514.jpg

Back
Top Bottom