A little late, but here are our gals

fpscabs

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 29, 2009
Glendora, CA
We ended up getting 5 chicks. NH, GLW, EE, and I believe two of either BR or CM! They were to be one of each, but the feed store, I think, gave us sisters.
These are shots when they were two days old.
2/13/09
21997_brooder.jpg

21997_chicks2.jpg

This is a few days later after I made a quick perch.

21997_picture_101.jpg

Again, a bit later on

21997_chicks14.jpg

Getting bigger a week or so later (2/21)

21997_chicks62.jpg

Last edited:
Your EE is growing alot faster than your others. Mine did that also, I thought something was/is wrong with my others that they were not growing very fast. I had to seperate my EE's cause they were starting to step on my little ones. (This is the first time I have raised baby chicks.) So is it normal for EE's to grow so fast?

I had bantam EEs and BRs. The EEs were much bigger from day 1, feathered faster and grew faster, but it wasn't really a problem. Then one day that turned around and the BR started filling out like a true dual purpose- significantly bigger than the EE now. I think that started around week 10.

GEORGOUS!
droolin.gif
***Keep the pictures coming!!!***
thumbsup.gif

Now I have to ask (I do with everyone): What is your strategy for taking chick pictures???

The EE is a week older.

I very carefully climb into the brooder upside down, invert the camera and wait till they pose....

actually, I just take the camera and lower into the brooder...this is just taken.
21997_chicks116.jpg

My how the space has shrunk in 2 1/2 weeks.
21997_chicks117.jpg

Yesterday's field trip to the front yard in our former old springer's day run.

21997_chicks54.jpg

Back
Top Bottom