A little newbie help? Pics Inside

Ya'll are making me very nervous now. I have 3 production reds that are 7 weeks old and 4 SL wynadottes that are 3 weeks old. Right now they are separated because my EE kept picking at them (believed to be a roo), I also have a BO and a Jersey Giant.
Now you got me scared that the Reds will torture my wynadottes. Will eat the reds before I let them destroy the SLW.
As a note I didn't want to get them so far apart in age but the feed store kept selling out (even when put on a call list) so I took what I could when I could. I do plan on replacing the whole bunch in a couple of years, except for the best broody. Guess I'll have to wait and see about this too.
Gees all this waiting is worst then when I was pregnant.
barnie.gif

Quote:
I doubt it. Wyandottes are not the most docile of chicken breeds and can hold their own in a flock with productions... In fact, I don't have wyandottes anymore because they were a part of the gang that killed my brahma and EE girl visciously. However, they were hatchery birds and I've heard good things about the temperament of the show quality/breeder quality lines.

You don't typically have so many problems when the birds are raised together from chickhood.

The gang that was so vicious consisted of - 2 production reds, 1 RIR, 1 SLW, 1 GLW, 1 BSL, 2 RSL, and a singular BR - who at first was not aggressive, but after being a part of the cannibalism became so. My australorp was raised in with them, and was in with them when they killed those birds. She has never ONCE showed aggression like they did, even in the frenzy.

Back
Top Bottom