A long, disapointing weekend. but looking foward to Spring!

maybe it needs help hatching?...
idunno.gif
..sorry..i cant help..heres a bump up...

That's what I would do as well. The wiggling is caused by the chick trying to get into position, I believe, so I would think it is having trouble. They don't usually start wiggling till a few days before they hatch, as far as I know. Maybe you should PM miss prissy, or silkiechicken and ask their advice?

I too would gently pip the egg at the air cell area.
Make sure you read the posts at this link about when and how to intervene (help):

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=48726

Candle it and mark with a pencil where the air cell is, then pip the egg. You will have to tap the egg with a small pointy object. Don't poke it, but tap it. The egg is surprisingly tough to pip....I don't know how the little chicks do it! Once you get it open you will probably have to be prepared to keep working with it or watching it until it is done. Once you pip it the hum. needs to stay really high to keep the membrane from shrinkwrapping the chick...
sad.png

You don't have to pip it if you don't want to...if you do nothing and it dies it is not your fault....if you do some helping and it dies, it is still not your fault...there is definitely some kind of issue with this chick...you will just have to look at this as a learning experience...
Keep us posted...I am praying for you and your baby chick!
wink.png

~Rebecca

Last edited:
there is lots of controverse on this subect!!

If it was me and my hatch, I would help. By that I mean I would make a tiny hole in the end of that egg where the air cell should be and see what is going on. At 27 day's I would think that the little chick would have atleast pipped if he was going to.

I agree, I would have helped out by now... It may be getting to big to pip by now, let alone move around to zip. I lost one of mine that way...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom