A LONG long looked like earthworm was in the pen with my goose - worried!

violets812

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 6, 2012
I carried my pet goose into the house to her night pen. It's in the livingroom and let's us all have more time together (we always get her out & hold & pet her.) Anyway, (sorry!! LOL) about 35 minutes after she was in her house pen (one of those metal folding pens) my granddaughter said Grandma! What's this?? It was the biggest earth worm I had ever seen in my life. It was 8 inches long! Was it ON my goose, do you think? My husband said it looks like "a plain ole worm" but neither have seen one this big before. Of course I'm worried that it crawled out of her - yuck............. Please say it must have been an earth worm that was on her feathers or something. Has anyone's goose ever expelled 8 inch long, earth worm looking worms? She (the goose) is only 3 1/2 weeks old (but, you know she already looks grown practically.) Thank you very much!! :)

Last edited:
No animals expel live earthworms. I also doubt it could have been on her. It's probably just a coincidence you discovered the worm right after getting the goose.

Back
Top Bottom