A Look At My Flock: Pic Heavy !!!!

Nice pics & you have some beautiful birds there Yogiman. Those Buffs are cute, so how many do you have that are broody?
lau.gif

The heat & mosquitoes are getting bad here already,too.I just wish spring would last a little longer.

Hi Yogiman birds are looking good. I was going to cut my grass Sunday but started to rain before we where finished with the things that we wanted to do to the house. So maybe sometimes during the week I can get it done.

Cassandra asks:
How long have you had them?

This flock of 27 hens are 1 year old this month. I rotate my hens every two years. I am attempting a breeding program this year with several different breeds just as a hobby. Right now I have some eleven (11) breeds but will narrow it down with Orpingtons as my main breed.​

Tell him that green stuff is what kept me outside until 8 o'clock tonight until it got to dark to see on the mower.

DH says, "What's a mower?" LOL, we have chickens, hence, no grass. We used to have to mow the lawn, but no more.​

Yes, I am interested to see how the White Orps turn out. You have a very nice flock. Very diversified. I love looking at all the breeds. I had to narrow down to three breeds due to room. It is easy to get a hundred birds before you know it. You have to hatch a lot to get the ones you want to keep.

See, this is what I mean by 'have a terrible time deciding on what breed I NEED!!! Every time, I see these beautiful birds, I think well I really like that color, shape,size and 'HE' says they are great birds"!!! HOW on earth are we newbies, ever to decide what we NEED???
big_smile.png

Your flock, coop and yard are beautiful..Thank for sharing...Dixie

Back
Top Bottom