A Look At My Flock: Pic Heavy !!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Yogiman, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Just to share some pics of my flock that is a work in progress with a population of 100+.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Very beautiful birds! Although I am not sure what I am more jealous of...the pretty chickens or that lovely green grass.[​IMG] I just got my first chickens 5 weeks ago and am so anxious for them to mature into the fine specimens you have!

3. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Very nice looking chickens and green grass.

I'm envious of both.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Very nice, Rog. I'm hatching some Buff Orps in this next batch because I only have my two Golden Girls, Sunny and Ginger, hatchery birds, although not bad ones overall. They're over two years old now and I dont want to be without some Buff Orps in my flock ever.
    BTW, my DH wants to know what all that green stuff is, LOL. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  5. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    When I saw the "population of 100+" I was afraid of seeing overcrowded, dirt floor pens. But the pictures proved I had a totally wrong impression! Your 100 birds have a much larger area than my 50, plus you have perfectly gorgeous green grass! Great pictures, great job [​IMG]

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

What beautiful, happy girls!

7. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    beautiful bunch of girls, you have there......

8. Yogiman

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Speckledhen wrote:
    BTW, my DH wants to know what all that green stuff is, LOL.

Tell him that green stuff is what kept me outside until 8 o'clock tonight until it got to dark to see on the mower. I have 3 acres of that green stuff and it can get in the way of my doing things that I would much rather do.
    Along with it comes the heat, humidity, rain, mosquitoes and you name it. [​IMG] And I for one do not do good in the heat.
    I know and appreciate that there a lot of people on this forum that are in the cold and snow tonight. Here I am with the A/C running full blast, sweating on the mower, and asking myself: "Why didn't I cancel my return flight and just stay in Alaska last summer when I was there?" [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sometimes my elevator doesn't always go up to the top floor if you know what I mean. [​IMG]

9. Yogiman

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    GracefulBantams wrote:
    When I saw the "population of 100+" I was afraid of seeing overcrowded, dirt floor pens.

Thanks for the compliment. No, I for one firmly do not believe in penning and over crowding. My girls have a full acre and half all to their own and they love it. Then they get to raid the garden after the crops are finished. I will have some breeding pens but you can bet your boots that they will be more than comfortable for the trios.​

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    That is a very nice job Yogi!!.... Pretty good lookin flock of birdies...I should have green grass soon but not where the hens are!!........hubby tried to start the john deere today and failed... I might need a goat [​IMG]

Lots of people don't have an elevator that goes to the top floor!!....LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by