A Look At My Flock: Pic Heavy !!!!

Yogiman

Songster
11 Years
Feb 2, 2008
South Louisiana
Just to share some pics of my flock that is a work in progress with a population of 100+.

DSCN1119.jpg

DSCN1124.jpg

DSCN1120.jpg

DSCN1121.jpg

DSCN1125.jpg

DSCN1126.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg

Very beautiful birds! Although I am not sure what I am more jealous of...the pretty chickens or that lovely green grass.
smile.png
I just got my first chickens 5 weeks ago and am so anxious for them to mature into the fine specimens you have!

Very nice, Rog. I'm hatching some Buff Orps in this next batch because I only have my two Golden Girls, Sunny and Ginger, hatchery birds, although not bad ones overall. They're over two years old now and I dont want to be without some Buff Orps in my flock ever.
BTW, my DH wants to know what all that green stuff is, LOL.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
When I saw the "population of 100+" I was afraid of seeing overcrowded, dirt floor pens. But the pictures proved I had a totally wrong impression! Your 100 birds have a much larger area than my 50, plus you have perfectly gorgeous green grass! Great pictures, great job
big_smile.png

Speckledhen wrote:
BTW, my DH wants to know what all that green stuff is, LOL.

Tell him that green stuff is what kept me outside until 8 o'clock tonight until it got to dark to see on the mower. I have 3 acres of that green stuff and it can get in the way of my doing things that I would much rather do.
Along with it comes the heat, humidity, rain, mosquitoes and you name it.
rant.gif
And I for one do not do good in the heat.
I know and appreciate that there a lot of people on this forum that are in the cold and snow tonight. Here I am with the A/C running full blast, sweating on the mower, and asking myself: "Why didn't I cancel my return flight and just stay in Alaska last summer when I was there?"
hit.gif
idunno.gif

Sometimes my elevator doesn't always go up to the top floor if you know what I mean.
old.gif

GracefulBantams wrote:
When I saw the "population of 100+" I was afraid of seeing overcrowded, dirt floor pens.

Thanks for the compliment. No, I for one firmly do not believe in penning and over crowding. My girls have a full acre and half all to their own and they love it. Then they get to raid the garden after the crops are finished. I will have some breeding pens but you can bet your boots that they will be more than comfortable for the trios.​

That is a very nice job Yogi!!.... Pretty good lookin flock of birdies...I should have green grass soon but not where the hens are!!........hubby tried to start the john deere today and failed... I might need a goat
th.gif

Lots of people don't have an elevator that goes to the top floor!!....LOL

Back
Top Bottom