A lot of chickens are dying

Quote:
gig.gif
It is ok, I really thought I did something wrong, this whole week I have done at least one thing wrong!

Quote:
Thanks for the link, the closest thing to look like my bird at the moment is vitaman E, but only the first 2 pictures. And I do have them on a vitaman and electrolyte mix from the feed store.
he.gif

Quote:
The next one that dies I am going to do that, right now I have the two holding on I just wish I could do more for them.

I really didn't want to believe someone poisoning them but it is weird since I put the 5 foot fence around them I am finding fruit around the fence w/no tree there, and not one sick chicken.

I think you should buy a wildlife camera and see if you catch someone in the pictures. The wildlife camera will take pictures of any movement (even at night). The fruit thing sounds very strange.

Might try putting the camera in a tree looking downwards so that you can see anyone outside the yard tossing fruit into the yard. Can you take a photo of the fruit so we can help you identify it? Have you seen any trees where that type of fruit is on the tree? Specifically are there any in the neigbor's yard? Might want carefully check the skin, and then cut open a piece and see if it looks like it has been tampered with. If there are any signs that it has, immediately call the police. There are very specific laws on poison and where it can and cannot be applied/set. I am quite sure that in all 50 states it would be considered illegal to taint fruit with poison and toss it into someone else's yard. Realize that it could be filled with glass or razors or other bad stuff, too.

Check out http://www.avitrol.com/about.php to see if the symptoms match

Hi have read your list of problems sounds bad. I have a couple of questions. Have you added any birds recently and are yours hatchery babies who are vaccinated or not?
You really need to find the closest state lab and have a necropsy done they are about 25$ here but you can always call and ask. Your problems don't sound like a toxin but sound more neurologic. could be viral.

Quote:
The next one that dies I am going to do that, right now I have the two holding on I just wish I could do more for them.

I really didn't want to believe someone poisoning them but it is weird since I put the 5 foot fence around them I am finding fruit around the fence w/no tree there, and not one sick chicken.

Is there fruit like it anywhere near? If not, you may want to have it tested as well as the chicken.

Quote:
It does fit, cuz it is the nervous system but I know for sure it isn't merecks, cuz it is different then that too. The only thing is I have 2 birds that are not turning around no matter what I give them.

Back
Top Bottom