A man asked me for one of my chickens this morning........

I sometimes give food animals food names... for example all my extra roos were named "Stew".

Quote:
I'll just end up making them pets too.

But when my girls start to lay I will be happy to offer them eggs instead.

I would take it as a compliment - perhaps he sees that your birds are healthy, well-bred and taken care of, and he wanted one to breed from (or to eat...
tongue.png
).

We had two Mexican men who installed our buildings and one asked if we ate our chickens, and we said only the extra roosters, he asked why we had them, and we told him for the eggs. He said he would like to have one to eat so we offered him one one of our extra roosters, he wanted it but lived a couple of hours away and didn't have a box to take it home in. We still have those two extra's and have almost named them, someone better hurry up before we end up keeping them.
wink.png

You're lucky the man asked. My neighbors moved here from Mexico about 4 years ago. First thing of mine to disappear was my potbelly pig. Sweet 2 year old pig that was lured to their property through a CUT fence with some treats. Their children later told me how it was done. Several other animals disappeared from our property until the man could find a good job and afford to feed his family. I offered them food but pride wouldn't let him take it. Pride didn't keep him from stealing it. Just to add~we are not friendly neighbors!

My husband works outta town and is only home 6-7 days a month. He came home in the middle of his shift and took care of it. I'm not sure what he said but he said something ugly to the father. I'm sure it included a few obsenities. Now that man won't even look at our property.

I tried calling the sheriff (we live in the county property) and he said we couldn't prove it was our animals if they were already cooked. I got so mad. You can tell when there is a potbelly pig on the spit and when it is a regular pig! So I told the sheriff we would handle it on our own since he wasn't gonna help us. He warned me not to let it get to ugly. I told him it already got too ugly!

Back
Top Bottom