A message from the fathers' waiting room:

Sorry Joe cigars are out. Do you want celery sticks and carrot sticks instead? What is the alternative; maybe just congrats!
yippiechickie.gif

I was thinking a free cup of joe; but that did not sound like it usually does
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Yeah! You have chicks. Don't give up on colors. You have to wait until they start growing in their adult feathers to be sure.

Don't forget to show us some photos!

Thanks, everyone, in case you didn't see my second post about my incubating eggs experience, the outcome of this hatch was not good. All of what transpired as it turned out, even chick #2, was a result of my interfering with the hatch, worrying, and repeatedly removing the incubator's lid the "to help" during days 21 and 22. It turned out that I ended up with five living chicks, one light blue and four splashes. They were all cute as the dickens, but not the two dark-blue hens that I want. I called a BYC member who posted about how she and her husband are building a coop now, had no chickens, and lives about 20 miles from me. I called her and gave them to her. She and her husband came to get them yesterday. They now have a good home. Next time I use the incubator, I'm going to not go into the room on days 21 and 22. SERIOUSLY! Live and learn!

It is normal for us expectant parents to want to help. Hope you can get some Dark Blues eventually. I am hoping for Black hens myself, got lots of babies growing just not sure whos girls and boys at this point.

Back
Top Bottom