A neighbor/acquaintance came over this evening...(a bit long)

I dont know, he looks dangeroust to me!! ........
wink.png

Wow!!!! That is one scarey looking chicken!!! Better put up a securuty fence and post warning signs!!!!!!

Thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh!!!!

clearly that chicken is a vicious killer!
lau.gif

some people are just crazy. sorry she insulted your chickens.
sad.png

i have to say that until i had chickens i did not have a good grasp on how they are.... a lot of friends at work had told me how disgusting and mean they are but i knew my great grandfather had kept them in the city he lived in Germany and i figured they had to be pretty cool for him to do that. and i was right! they are so entertaining. one day maybe this woman will see the light. and if not, no great loss.

i have to say you are way nicer than me on unannounced visitors.... i HATE that. generally i stand out in the driveway chatting until they get the hint to go away. that or let my DH's german shepherd out, he keeps people in their vehicles. then they go 'is he friendly' to which i say 'nope'.
wink.png

Quote:
Guess I better call 'A Quality Fence Co.' when they open and get a quote on a 10' electrified fence.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Have a great day!

WOW! For real? There are people out there THAT misguided????? And just when I thought stupid people could not surprise me any more.
somad.gif
She must have REALLY been traumatized as a child or something. How rude though to say such things out loud. I mean, even if I thought something so crazy, I wouldn't try to embarass and insult someone like that. A lack of intelligence and manners.
somad.gif
tongue.gif

Even if she was attacked by a rooster, that was uncalled for. I still have a scar from a rooster attack more than 50 years ago. We ate him that night, and I never stopped messing with the chickens.

Anyway, give Speckles a few mealworms for me-she really deserves special attenton!

Sweet little chicks!

I have to admit, I was attacked several times as a child by birds, twice by chickens, so it's taken me a bit of time to overcome my fear as well. But, here I am waiting on day 22 to hatch our first set of chicks! I'm overjoyed and can't wait. I'll raise my kids to be unafraid, and if they do get pecked a bit, get right back in there and hold the babies. I don't want my little ones afraid like I was as a child.

Treats for your friendly little one are definitely in order! She was just trying to be neighorly too! Have a great day! Kim

I have no problem with having a fear of them, heck I had my hand bloodied several times by two very broody hens when I was young. Even had one bantam roo that would chase us kids and jump up and get us in the back. What I had a problem with was her reaction, volume, comments and attitude in my home. I was raised to conduct myself better in someone's home. Then there are these blatant facts:

1. It was a chick that cannot fly and could be swatted away easily if it attacked;

2. saying such things in front of my child;

3. Thinking for a second that as a mother and grandmother of a 3 year old I would have vicious animals in the house;

I mean it is not like I was raising rattlesnakes or had komodo dragons, tigers or vipers in the yard. She just went overboard imho.
big_smile.png
But it made for some comedy in the house mid-week.
lol.png

WOW! That's one of those where it is impossible to laugh......just sitting here with my jaw dropped to the floor. Even if she was horrified of chickens, even if she loathes them, there was never any excuse to be rude to someone in their own home like that. People amaze me! You handles yourself quite well I would say. But I do have to agree, that is one seriously frightening looking cannabilistic maniac you have there!!!!
smile.png
Oh, and she is adorable, too!!!!
smile.png

There is no rational thinking involved when you have a real phobia, whatever it is. My niece is so deathly afraid of dogs that one time when she was in my home, my sweet little cocker, Ginger, accidentally got in the house and Debbie, who is not a small person, jumped into the middle of my dining room table!! And stayed there shaking until I removed the dog. It didn't matter if the dog was big or little, mean or gentle, she had the same reaction. Even if it was a defenseless little puppy. There's no reasoning with her. Fears can be debilitating.

Susan

Back
Top Bottom