A New Start

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheChickenCameFirst, Jul 26, 2011.

1. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

As some of you may know, a bit over a week ago we lost our six Pullets (Soon to be laying hens... they didn't even have a chance to live at only 18 weeks old) to a weasel.

Well, we have officially started over! The coop is in the shop for some much needed renovations to keep every critter out, and we have ordered our new little girls, who should arrive on Friday!

We are super excited because we have ordered 12 new babies!

Four Buff Orpington chicks,
    Four Barred Rock chicks,
    Four Rhode Island Red chicks!

I am so happy to be getting more, but I am also super apprehensive! What if whatever got our last girls gets these? it'll be awhile before they go into the coop full time, but I'm worried still!!

We haven't caught the offender in our traps! o_O Hopefully we will soon!!!!

Thanks to all who urged me to keep goin' and get more chickens! [​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    YAY! Sorry to hear about your other crew though [​IMG] Poor babies! But glad your starting again and not throwing in the towel [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Oh that is great! Congrats! I hope you catch it as well - they are smart lil suckers

4. TheChickenCameFirst

Thanks! [​IMG] I was very close to giving up there in the beginning, but when my 21 month old daughter started asking where the "Kickens" were, I knew I had to get more! If it weren't for the love and support I found on this site, there might very well have been a diffferent ending!

So thanks to all! [​IMG]

5. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    "Kickens", I LOVE it. [​IMG] Kids are so awesome. Best of luck to your with your new babies. Post pics when you can.

6. TheChickenCameFirst

Quote:I know it! It's so sweet to watch little ones with chickens, or, "Kickens"! [​IMG] Thank you very much, and I will post pictures as soon as they arrive! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by