A New TTC Thread... Thanks ;)

Quote:
OMG
lol.png

Thanks everyone for the continued support. Hopefully, this month will bring a good answer. We'll see in a few days!
fl.gif

Shellie,
I gotta say I'm jealous of all the pregnancy threads too. I haven't been trying yet but fear that when we do it will be my luck that it takes awhile. I'm 30 now. So I really don't have a long while for it to take. I've been a member of MotheringDotCommune forum for several years and learned about charting on there. We have been using charting to avoid for over a year and have done good. I have also learned that hypothyroid can cause fertility problems and have started treatment so that won't be an issue when we go to conceive in a few months.

Check out the mothering forum. There are support threads for TTC and many people to help look at your chart.

If you want to post a link to your chart for us to see here or there you might get some good advice.

Wishing you lot of baby dust.

I know it has been a few days since this post, but I wanted to chime in...

It took us 2 years to get pregnant, and then I miscarried. About a year later I got pregnant again, and miscarried again. At this time my brother's girlfriend was pregnant and drinking and using...and she carried to term. My sister was pregnant with her 5th child. After both of those children were born I moved out of state, and had my last menstrual cycle, I was pregnant again. At 6 weeks I started spotting, and I spent Mother's day in the ER trying to find out what was going on. Went home still not knowing. A week later we saw the heartbeat and ultimately had my son, 12 years ago.

3 years later I got pregnant again, at 4 weeks I called my doctor and said I needed to get in ASAP, and they said as long as you are ok we can't see you until 11 weeks. At 8 weeks I knew it was too late, and ultimately had another D&C.

I moved back to my home state, and contacted and OBGYN and started some tests, and then decided that I did not want to try again right then..... 1 year later I was pregnant. I call my Dr in a panic, she saw me immediately and I started progesterone, and twice daily shots of heparin (a blood thinner.) It seems that I was sending small blood clots to the babies. My daughter is now 7.

My pregnancy with my son is a miracle...only 15% of pregnancies without intervention survive.

After my daughter I decided I was done.....I had my tubes tied. I was a mental WRECK during her pregnancy. About 3 years ago we started talking about wanting another child.

Eight months ago we adopted a beautiful baby boy.

I told you all this because if I would have KNOWN about this problem, it would have saved me a lot of heartache. It is a simple blood clotting test timed test, and there is not really any symptoms, other than difficulty getting and staying pregnant.

I hope that you are pregnant, or soon will be.

Until then know that we are here for you, to offer you support, and understand when, while happy for those that are pregnant you still can't stand to look at them.
wink.png

I think I have to join this one. Hubby and I have been married for almost 3 years, I'm 22. No birth control, but in the whole married time I haven't gotten pregnant. I'm a little worried and a little sad. The depression about it affected me big time, especially since I see all these girls running around at 15-16-17 getting pregnant and/or choosing to get an abortion, and all I could think was what I wouldn't give to be in the position to choose if you know what I mean. Hubby had a kid with his ex-g/f, and I became mommy to this kid. That also made it difficult, cause I can't help thinking that maybe God gave me a stepson who really believe me to be mommy cause I wouldn't have one of my own.

This has been going on for, like I said, almost 3 years. A few months ago I babysat my nephew who was only 1 month old, and I came to a sudden realization that I LIKE SLEEP!!! LOL!!! On top of that, I also realized that a baby is such a responsibility and I don't know what the future holds. With the economy the way it is, what if I couldn't support a child financially??? What if I have everything set with a job and money and all that stuff, and I lose my job and the economy crashes beyond repair??? What happens if the welfare system crumbles and there's not even enough state assistance to help me???

I know all these things are chances every family takes when they have a child, but thinking of these things makes me feel better. If God decides to give me a child it will be in His timing, not mine, and the bitter truth is that maybe He won't give me a baby ever. But that's up to Him, not up to me. He sees the big picture and He has His reasons, whatever those may be. I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that He does everything for me and in my best interest, including deciding whether or not to give me a child. He has proven this hundreds of times, and although I may be unhappy, heartbroken, devastated, whatever about His decision, in the end it always works out for the best. I just won't understand until years from now, or maybe on my deathbed with some things.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by posting this, but I feel that what I've added is important. This is what I have learned from my fertility issues, and I hope that it helps. I haven't given up hope that one day I'll have a child, but I have accepted the fact that it's not in my hands and I have no control over it whatsoever (well, kinda....I'm not gonna immaculately conceive lol!!!). There are steps I can take to help improve my fertility, but it's not up to my body, it's up to God.

Good luck, everyone, and wish me the same!!!!

ETA: I didn't realize that the OP was trying to conceive after already having one or two kids, so I guess my post doesn't really make as much sense anymore. All I can say is to treasure what you have, cause some people won't ever have even one to treasure, much less two or three.

Last edited:
Our 15 y/o DS was a 6 year, 3 miscarriage effort. I had a boy at 19, before DH and I married (he isn't biologically DH's child) and I was convinced God wouldn't make him an only child.

I had a high-stress job at the hospital. One day, the stress escalated and I quit (a knee-jerk reaction). A week later, I discovered the pregnancy that produced our first child together. I'm convinced leaving that job is the only reason our family grew.

I jokingly call our daughter a middle of the night hit and run because she was NOT planned. In fact, I'd decided NOT to have another child...........BOOM........here she came.

DH and I have talked about having kids in today's economy. While we are thrilled to have our children and certainly wouldn't give them up for anything, we both agree that if we were just now having kids, we probably wouldn't have any. The uncertainty of the future scares the TAR out of us for our kids.

That being said, I sympathize with all of you who are experiencing difficulties with conception. I've been there and I know how heartbreaking it can be. God has a plan for each of us. Keep the faith.

My SIL and BIL were never able to conceive and finally adopted a baby girl. SIL told me once that it really is true what Garth's song says, "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." She said if she'd been able to have a baby of her own, they wouldn't have adopted their treasured daughter.

Back
Top Bottom