a non-crowing rooster?

Suess hens

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
Altadena, CA
Is this at all possible?
My RIR rooster, who is only here because he hasn't woken up DH yet, is 17 weeks old, and he is pissy as all heck, but no crowing. He is truly only pissy with me because I let him know I rule his roost when I am around. But nothing, I have even listened. Is his crower broken?

And you're positive he's a roo? 17 weeks though is still young... he may not be feeling his roo-ness just yet
wink.png
I have some roos.... 20+ weeks that still don't really crow or have just started.

Hoping for you that his crower is broken
wink.png
I wish they had crowless roos
wink.png
LOL

I have a 6 mo old BArred Rock cockerel, who just started crowing last week. I also have 7-- 10-week olds who are trying their best to crow right now. So my conclusion is they crow when hey crow.

oh he is definitely a roo. Saddle feathers. Waddles the sizes of oars, and a beautiful comb, the color of cranberries. He has amazing tail feathers coming in. He is the picture perfect rooster....and I guess home perfect as of yet as he has no crow. I keep thinking they are so far from the house we don't notice. But we have neighbors across the street who have many roosters, and we hear them in the wee hours of the morn.

Back
Top Bottom