A possible treatment/cure for internal laying/egg issues?

Chicken Lass

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 22, 2009
I've had some hens in the past that had internal laying/egg binding problems - sadly none of them made it. More recently, however, one of my mutt hens started to show the same old symptoms, so I knew she was a goner. This is going to sound utterly crazy, but thinking it couldn't hurt, I tried giving her some VetRx medicine (which is a 100% natural remedy for the relief of respiratory infections, colds, wheezing, and sniffles. Also against mites and ear canker, it says. Can be used internally and externally). Well, she has been healthy and laying the occasional egg ever since! Now my mutt Myrtle started showing the same symptoms of internal laying - yellow yolky looking droppings and standing around ruffled up and moving slow. Trying to think what I had done differently with Tortuga (my other mutt that overcame this), I remembered giving her the VetRx stuff. So I gave Myrtle the same stuff, and not two days later she started perking up and moving faster and acting normal! I guess it's still really too early to tell with her, but things are looking up! Maybe it's just a coincidence that both of them recovered ( I didn't know chickens could recover from internal laying), or because they are possibly related and being mutts gives them some sort of advantage? Beats me. But in both those cases I used VetRx and something worked. With my other chickens that had issues, I gave them antibiotics and they did get better for a while, but the problem came back. Tortuga's didn't. Just thought I'd share. I know it's totally ridiculous and most likely it is due to something else that they got better, but thought it was worth mentioning. Meanwhile I'll see how Myrtle does.

So far so good. Myrtle is still doing well and acting normal. I haven't noticed her having any more yellow droppings, although her poo is very small and not back to normal size yet.

Back
Top Bottom