A Posting Question For our GA eggs

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
Here's hoping that the moderator/staff can help me.

I want to have a listing of available poultry - chickens, turkeys, guineas, geese, ducks, etc available on this board . The listing following was originally on the various boards under hatching eggs.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=175445

Here's the dilemma. We are small and have relatively small flocks of our various kinds of poultry (all in separate pens of course).

How can we let the general public know what's available in one place without a duplicate of postings?

I don't have the funds and/or time right now to start a web site. I must get a new camera, learn to use it and find a web site location that will be a permanent one.

Because all our eggs are not available year round and I only like to ship Monday through Wed, unless it's a southeast state, I cannot just keep a particular breed up indefinitely. Because that particular breed may be sold out for a week or two. That's why this listing on this section was so useful for us and for the buyers who wanted several kinds of eggs in one shipment to save shipping costs, etc.

For us very small farmers, we are so blessed by our BYC customers. We have great feedback on the BYC board and strive to pack our eggs in the same condition we would like to receive them, fresh, fertile and unbroken no matter how long it takes to pack.

I look forward to hearing some suggestions on how this can be handled. I've helped a lot of folks try to find the hatching eggs they need - not only mine but others and have noticed that this topical area has become a bit of looking for one breed and talking about different breeds, etc. I'm certainly okay with that.

Well, please let me know if you need me to clarify our situation. Thanks so much. (BTW, we also veggie farm on chemical free status 2 acres so we are truly the small sustainable farm in the country trying to serve your needs).

Last edited:
First, go to your profile and delete the website listing, if you don't have a website. Then you can post a lot of stuff on your "my page" and link to it in your signature and your posts.. You will have to spend some time on it. The link to your thread is nice, and all that information could be organized onto your "my page"without many changes to make a nice looking place to send BYC people to without the cost of a webpage. If you want the general public to see it, you will have to go with an outside website, there are lots of free ones out there, if you don't mind them advertising on your page.

That's a good idea. I'm going to start working on that and I've put a deadline on a web page by Dec....Smile, I hope to make that happen with some help of some smarter friends than I regarding web paging.

Be blessed and be a blessing...

Back
Top Bottom