A question !! Please look and help if you can !!

wyandottekid1109

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
NEW YORK
Hi floks i have a Problem and i need it fixed. My black wyandottes have white feathers in them. Some how back in there blood line the blacks must have crossed with a white wyandoote cock. I bought them last year and so far in the last 4 shows i went to they have done very well. Best RCCL, RES. Bantam, Champion Bantam. I want to keep them but if they dont breed straight black wyandottes then there is no reason to keep them. What should i Do with them!!! Please help!!!

And my second question is.... I Need a new blood line. So I can try to breed the white out!!!! Does anybody know who has the Best blood line or a very good blood line of black wyandottes.

Thanks
Connor Richie

P.S.- PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way you're going to know if they breed black is to give it a try. Now, having said that ... just as yours have white feathers in them you could get chicks that are black and some with white feathers.

The only animals I can relate to with this type of breeding is dogs and llamas. If you are breeding to get rid of an unsatisfactory issue (like color) then you breed several generations until you have removed that trait (although any trait can pop up in the future - that's just how genetics are. For example: one of my friends cousins has red hair. There is no red hair on either side of the family so it posed a lot of questions from people. The mom finally went back multiple generations and found a great, great, great grandmother with red hair!), if you are breeding to get rid of something serious like a dog with undescended testicles - you cull that dog from your breeding program. (You don't have to kill the dog - just neuter it and have as a pet only.)

I can't help you with the blood line but that is exactly what you need to do ... find a pure bloodline and get that into your stock.

Back
Top Bottom