A raccoon story - caught our first critter!

Quote:
roll.png
roll.png
roll.png

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmm...how does one squash a racoon????
idunno.gif
I picture tying it to a tree and trying to run it over with my tractor, which might probably get ME killed instead.

I agree...shooting is the best bet.

I have never shot an animal, but I will be shooting the next raccoon I trap with a .22 that was given to me. I have read that just below the ears, at the base of the neck is the most humane place to shoot them, can somebody please very that for me. Thanks. I do not want to witnes or hear a dying animal!

Behind the ear, in the back of the head, between the eyes will all do it very quickly. But the whole key is to place your shot precisely and you will only have to use one bullet. good luck to you.

Dont' worry, I won't be drowning them. I spoke out of anger and frustration. Hubby is a good shot and it will be quicker. Squashing sounds fun, though!

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS!!!!
Use marshmallows or canned dog/cat food in your traps!!!
2 and a half years ago 1 week before fair, we had some coons get in the coop and kill every but 2 birds. In the next 3 nights I killed 9 coons some in live traps and some just throwing the door open with the light on and shooting.... WOOHOO it was fun. No Im not a psycho and I closed everything off but the back door where they were comin in any way. Yes my back door has some more holes in it. HEHEHE
Im all for shooting them but not putting them in a barrel of water!!! Would you like to die that way????

Sorry but I like to shoot and am a very good shot! Im a firm be leaver in 1 shot one kill. The hole was the crack between the top and bottom door so they had to squeeze out. Easy shots...

Back
Top Bottom